Thursday, September 25, 2008

What's Wrong with this World?

Okay, okay, I know what is wrong with the world, but there are times when I would like to see situations from God's perspective so that I can understand the whole story. Most of you have probably heard about the former American Idol contestant who has come out about his sexual preferences. While I do not agree with this lifestyle, what frustrates me most is the fact that he has a biological child (conceived through in vitro-fertilization). People chose the lifestyle that they want to live. It seems to me that if a woman chooses to be with other women or if a man chooses to be with other men, then they need to live with the fact that they will not be able to have children because it is biologically not possible.

Of course, some of my frustration comes from the fact that we have not been able to have children of our own and no explanation can be given for why not except that it is not part of God's plan. Also, having known a couple who suffered a tremendous loss after undergoing the in vitro procedure, I wonder why God would allow someone like this Idol contestant to have a child. I'm sure the child will be well taken care of unlike children born to abusers, abandoners, drug addicts, and the like, but it still confuses and frustrates me. Like I said earlier, I know that only God can see the bigger picture, so all I can do is trust His sovereignty.

No comments: