Thursday, December 4, 2008

Need to Be Thankful

I'm finding myself a little too tempted to complain about some of my students (I'm in the middle of grading research papers), so that means I need to take the time to find a reason to be thankful. I'm very thankful that I have a job that I enjoy. Overall this fall semester has been a pretty good one. Since I have carpooled with two others, I have been staying on campus a little longer during the day. That means that I can do more grading at school and I have not felt the need to do much grading at home. This semester I have also learned to use my time more productively and get the grading done in a more timely manner. Over the past two days I have managed to grade 20 of the 52 research papers turned in by my Comp students. I don't expect to have any problems completing all my grading this week and next in a timely manner. Next week is finals and then I will have three weeks off before having to return to Hutch. I look forward to being thankful for a little more sleep ; )

No comments: