Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Personal Training Update

It has been about three months since I began meeting with a personal trainer at the Y and I can definitely tell a difference. Before I started meeting with a trainer, I was only going to the Y about twice a week. I was having a difficult time making it a priority. Now I go to the Y about six times a week. Three of those days I just do cardio and the other three I do both cardio and resistance training. I did not do resistance training before because I was not quite sure what to do. That is where meeting with the trainer has really made a difference. We only meet once a week, but I have committed to following through on the days we do not meet.

I have only lost a little more than 10 pounds during that time, but I know that I have lost some inches because my pants are getting lose. I would tell you how much, but my trainer keeps forgetting to email me my measurements. I suppose I should measure myself so I can keep track of it at home.

I have decided to make it a goal to run in the 10K at the Easter Sun Run. I have participated in the two-mile race and then the 2-mile walk but never the longer run. A couple of years ago I participated in the River Run 10K race. I completed it before the 1 hour and 30 minute time limit, but I did not run the entire race. I am hoping to actually run the whole 10K in April. That means a more organizes training regime. I have gotten to where I can run 4 miles without stopping, so there is hope.

No comments: