Monday, January 19, 2009

Thanks for the Help

Thanks for the ideas. It has given me some ideas on what direction to lead my students for their paper topics. I think that I will have them discuss rules, statues, regulations that are created to force people to behave in a certain way (I'm only referring to rules, statues, and regulations that are designed to protect people from themselves, not stop them from harming others) and then create an argument about whether these rules, statues, and regulations are just. Right now, I am planning on having them think about the theme of personal freedom and what exactly it means and entails and I think that this topic would dovetail with it nicely.

If you have any other ideas or suggestions, please keep them coming.

1 comment:

lovemylife said...

I like it! I think it will be a good thinking exercise for your students, and I think it's awesome that you want your writing assignments to be beneficially thought provoking, and not just another writing assignment. Good job! Keep us posted on how it goes and what kind of results you get!