Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter SunRun

Today was the Easter SunRun which is a benefit run for Youth Horizons (an organization like Big Brothers Big Sisters). I am happy to report that I successfully ran the entire 10K (6.2 miles for those -- like myself--who are not metrically inclined) in one hour and six minutes.

It's amazing what a difference running outside is like compared to running on a treadmill. The distance did not feel as tiring as it does when I run inside. I did not even have my iPod with me! For the first four kilometers, I paced myself behind three women who were running at a steady pace where they could still talk with one another. Then at the 4K marker they began to walk, so I had to make my own form of entertainment. Since I did not have my music with me, I just thought about praise songs that I know most of the words to. At the 5K marker, I began reciting Ephesians. It really helped to take my mind off of the distance I had left.

I'm not even that tired (yet; just wait until 8:00). I am planning to try to run the 10K at the River Run. I don't think that I will ever try for a half-marathon, but that is what I said about running 10Ks ;o)

1 comment:

Tracy said...

That was a very interesting poem (that you mentioned on my blog). Very descriptive - really paints a picture in the mind.
But I was left with the question (at the end) - did they take out their own hook, and the four previous ones, before releasing him? ;)