Thursday, July 1, 2010

Deal!

I have to admit that I often watch Deal or No Deal.  I guess that is what happens when one does not have cable and likes to keep the television on in order to hear other adult voices during the day.  As I have watched this game show, I have noticed that there are some interesting trends that happen in nearly every episode. 

At the beginning of the show, the selected contestant has the opportunity to either keep her case or exchange it for another.  Of course, the contestant thinks that her case contains the $500,000.  As the contestant selects cases to be opened, the contestant and the people standing behind the other cases think that by wishing hard enough, the selected case will contain a low dollar amount.  The cases contain what they contain.  No amount of wishing will change what is inside the case. 

The other trend that I find amusing is what happens after the contestant decides to take the deal from the banker.  All of a sudden, the contestant hopes that her case contains a small dollar amount.  The show usually has the contestant go ahead and pick the next case even though it does not change the amount they will receive.  At this point, the contestant and the remaining people behind the cases all hope that the selected case contains a high dollar amount. 

I would never make it very far on this show because I would probably take the first deal offered.  I have seen too many episodes where the first offer was the highest offer because the contestant has a string of bad choices and knocks out all the high dollar amounts.  It doesn't really matter, because I do not have any plans for trying out for the show anyways.

No comments: