Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My Limited Sewing Abilities

I must begin by saying that my mom is a decent seamstress.  When I was growing up, she often made our Easter dresses, she made clothes for me and my cousin when we were little, she made clothes for our Barbies and Cabbage Patch dolls, she even made my wedding dress and the bride's maids' dresses.

I have tried sewing on and off over the years, but my ability to sew in a straight line is not the greatest.  I am sure that if I sewed more, it would get better, but I often lose patience, so I rarely sew.

Since we are working on a more limited budget, I want to learn to make more of the gifts that we give.  A couple of months ago I dressed up some burp cloths for a friend by adding some fabric and ribbon down the center.  The cloths did not come out too bad, so I decided to try it again.  Here are the results of my latest project.



My lines are starting to get straighter, so maybe my next project will be a little more ambitious.

No comments: