Wednesday, October 20, 2010

No Fear

I have been studying the book of Acts in my quiet times, and one idea that has stood out to me is the idea that we are to have no fear.  In the past, I have only considered the idea that we are to have no fear within the context of sharing the gospel with others.  This weekend, I began thinking that this can apply to other areas of my life as well.  There have been many times when I have let fear control me and prevent me from accomplishing a task.  I don't like to call people on the phone because I am afraid that I will interrupt them or that I will not know what to say.  I don't like going to a new restaurant by myself because I am afraid that I will make a mistake in the ordering process.  I have even not stopped at garage sales because of fear. 

As I thought about the different areas of fear in my life, I realized that God does not want this fear to be there either.   I am sure that there have been times that I have missed out on great opportunities because of fear.  I need to give this fear to God so that when opportunities come to share the good news with others, I will not be afraid then either.

No comments: