Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Weekly Menu - A Reflection

Last night I saw a story on the nightly news about the famine in Somalia.  They interviewed a woman who walked for seventeen days with her four children to reach a relief camp so hopefully they could receive food.  Unfortunately, one of her children died on the journey.  Additionally, so many people are trying to get into the relief camps that they have to turn people away because they just do not have enough resources to take care of them all.

This morning during my quiet time, I began to reflect on how fortunate I am to be able to plan a menu for my family.  I realized how I take the variety of foods in my cupboards for granted.   I also realized how I take the clean water that comes from the faucet for granted as well.  We are so fortunate to live in a country where food is plentiful, even to the poorest of families.

Last night I struggled to plan our meals because I just did not know what meals to select, but this morning I realize just how blessed I am to have so many choices. 

Our Weekly Menu (Dinner only edition)

Chicken Parmesan with four cheese rice
Grilled Pork Chops with mashed potatoes and green beans
?? - Possible dine out night
Enchiladas with chips and salsa
Pizza
Cheeseburger pasta with corn and Italian bread
BBQ chicken with baked potatoes and rolls


No comments: