Sunday, October 26, 2008

"Give Me Your Eyes"

Give me your eyes for just one second
Give me your eyes so I can see
Everything that I keep missing
Give me your love for humanity
Give me your arms for the broken hearted
The ones that are far beyond my reach
Give me your heart for the once forgotten

These words come from one of my favorite songs on the radio today. What a reminder that we need to look at the world through God's eyes and not our own.

Our pastor has been preaching from the book of John, and for the last four weeks or so, the focus has been on Jesus's interaction with the Samaritan woman at the well. Today, he talked about how Jesus had a hunger for the people and to do God's will but the disciples did not. The disciples could not see beyond their own concerns to see the needs of the people.

Chuck suggested that we ask God to increase our appetite to do His will. Since hearing this song and Chuck's message, this will definitely be a prayer of mine.

If you want to hear Chuck Wilson's message, you can find it at www.wichitabible.org Click on Listen (the message should be available later this week).

1 comment:

dksnyder said...

That is one of my favorite songs right now too. Brandon Heath right? Hadn't heard of him before this song, but what powerful words!