Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Choosing Contentment

As I sit here with a baby sleeping on my shoulder, I am reminded of a lesson God has been driving home these last few weeks: choose to be content. There are many projects waiting to be completed, but the crying baby made himself a priority, so here I sit.

A few weeks ago I was frustrated with the little one waking up multiple times during the night (after only waking up just once or not at all in previous weeks). When I have to get up with him, I typically use that time to go over passages of scripture I have memorized.

That morning, the little one took longer than usual to settle down. As I finished going over Philippians chapter 4, God really hit me over the head with Paul's statement that he had learned to be content in all situations. God showed me that I need to choose contentment even when I have to get up in the middle of the night.

After I went over these verses, the little one settled down and went back to sleep. Since that night, I have been making a more conscience effort to choose to be content.

No comments: