Monday, April 23, 2012

Getting Back Into Shape: Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred

As part of my workout plan, I use some workout videos to work on strength and toning.  One video I have been using is Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. 

The video contains three different levels and each level is just short of 30 minutes in length.  So far I have followed along with the first two levels and both levels present a challenge.  The workout is set up with a brief warmup; three circuits of strength, cardio, and abs; and a brief cool down and stretch. 

I like the format of the exercise routine.  It makes the time go by faster when I know that I will only be doing each exercise for thirty seconds to one minute.  It also makes it easier to push through any discomfort knowing that a change will come soon. 

I also appreciate that the women in the video look like they are actually there to workout.  I have been using another video where the women in the video have perfect hair styled in a way that no serious person working out would have it styled.

I have not followed the video the way one is supposed to since I am only doing strength training three days a week, but I have noticed a difference.  Each level might only be 30 minutes in length, but I work up quite a sweat. 

I recently read that to properly follow the workout plan, a person should do level one for ten days, level two for ten days, and level three for ten days.  I don't know if I want to try that because I think I would start to get bored with the video, but I might give it a try just to see what the result would be. 

No comments: