Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Weekly Menu

Planning a menu ahead of time continues to be a struggle even though I know all the benefits of creating one.  I recently received an iPad as a gift and I have developed a new way to plan meals that I hope will be successful. 

Using the Errands organization app, I have created a category for meals.  I then went in and planned out fifteen days worth of supper meals.  Some of the meals are specific like "pizza" and "chili," but others are more generic like "BBQ meat" or "Italian pasta."  I decided to create some more generic categories to give myself some freedom regarding what we will actually eat that night.  For example, "BBQ meat" might be chicken, pork, or beef depending on my mood and what we have on hand. 

After I entered the fifteen meals, I set each one to repeat every fifteen days.  Of course, every Friday night is pizza night, so the meals that land on Friday's will just be skipped.

I did a similar pattern of organization for our breakfast and lunch meals, but I only have four meals on a rotation for breakfast and three meals for lunch.

This Week's Meal Plan

Breakfast
  • Oatmeal and fruit
  • Smoothie and muffin
  • Eggs and toast
  • Toast with peanut butter
  • Oatmeal and fruit
  • Pancakes (I want to make this a Saturday tradition)
  • Eggs and toast

Lunch (I only have three items on rotation right now.  I really need some good lunch ideas)
  • Sandwich and fruit or vegetable
  • Salad
  • Leftovers
  • Sandwich
  • Salad 
  • Leftovers
  • Sandwich

Dinner
  • BBQ meat (we had chicken)
  • Tacos
  • Chili
  • Honey Dijon Chicken
  • Pizza
  • Italian pasta
  • Chicken casserole

No comments: