Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Shake Up

In this week's video from the Jonah: Navigating a Life Interrupted series, Shirer mentions that God shakes us up to show us what is really inside of us.  If we react with mercy and grace, then we are filled with the Spirit.  If we react with frustration and anger, then we are still filled with our old self.

This video series makes me think of how I have been reacting when our little one decides to change his sleep schedule once again.  This shake up has shown me that I still have quite a bit of selfishness inside of me.  The past few nights have been better, and now that I realize God is trying to show me an area of my life where I need to rely on Him more, I am hoping that I will be able to focus more on letting Him have that control so His power will shake out instead of my frustration.

One area of my life where I have seen God make a change is my reaction to other drivers.  I used to be quite guilty of road rage until a few years ago when I finally realized that most drivers are not out to irritate me and it just is not worth getting upset and potentially getting in an accident when someone does not drive the way I think they should.

How great is it to know that God continues to work in our lives?  He does not leave us as we are but He continually works to change us in order to make us more like Him.

No comments: