Monday, December 7, 2009

Movie Quote Monday: Christmas Edition Part Two

Time for the second Christmas movie as we count down the weeks until Christmas.  It is hard to believe that Christmas is only 18 days away.  I'd better get busy shopping!

Enjoy this week's movie selection quotes:

This movie came out in 1990 and is a good film that both kids and adults can enjoy.

Kevin McCallister: This house is so full of people it makes me sick. When I grow up and get married, I'm living alone.
_______________________________________________________________

Kevin McCallister: So give it a shot, for your granddaughter anyway. I'm sure she misses you and the presents.
Marley: I send her a check.
Kevin McCallister: I wish my grandparents did that. They always send me clothes. Last year I got a sweater with a big bird knitted on it.
Marley: That's nice.
Kevin McCallister: Not for a guy in the second grade. You can get beat up for wearing something like that. Yeah, I had a friend who got nailed because there was a rumor he wore dinosaur pajamas.
 _______________________________________________________________

Kevin McCallister: Is this toothbrush approved by the American Dental Association?
Clerk: Well, I don't know. It doesn't say, hon.
Kevin McCallister: Well, could you please find out?
_______________________________________________________________


Kevin McCallister: I took a shower washing every body part with actual soap; including all my major crevices; including in between my toes and in my belly button which I never did before but sort of enjoyed. I washed my hair with adult formula shampoo and used cream rinse for that just-washed shine. I can't seem to find my toothbrush, so I'll pick one up when I go out today. Other than that, I'm in good shape. __________________________________________________________________

Looking at the quotes for this movie, I realized that the reason we enjoy Home Alone so much is not so much for the memorable quotes but for the quality of the movie itself.  I usually do not enjoy movies with bumbling characters, but both Joe Pesci and Daniel Stern do an outstanding job of portraying a couple of unlikeable crooks that as the viewer I do not mind seeing them suffer for their actions.

No comments: