Thursday, June 16, 2011

Yesterday's Baking Day

Since the weather was supposed to be a little cooler yesterday, I decided to do a little baking.  I like to try to avoid adding too much heat to the house when the thermometer reaches the century mark as is the forecast for the next few days.

I succeeded in making some wheat sweet dinner rolls and a loaf of wheat cinnamon raisin bread.

The original recipe just calls for white flour, but to make them a little healthier, I like to substitute 1 3/4 cups of wheat flour for the white flour.  These rolls have just the right amount of sweetness to them, and they come out very soft and chewy.  I have made them into cinnamon rolls as well with much success. 
This was my first time to make this bread.  I used the cinnamon raisin bread recipe from the cookbook that came with the bread machine, but I substituted whole wheat flour for the white bread flour.  It tastes pretty good, but I think that I am going to try a different recipe next time just to make sure a better recipe does not exist.

No comments: